Electric Ball Mill Motors
Ball mills are frequently used in applications in which minerals are ground or blended. These machines depend on a steady source of motion to function properly. For outstanding reliability, turn to Louis Allis, an industry-leading manufacturer of electric motors for ball mills.
Used in industries ranging from cement to coal to textiles, the general notion behind the ball mill is quite straightforward: the material to be ground down is placed within a drum filled with balls made of a harder substance than the material being ground (balls may be manufactured from anything ranging from rubber to stainless steel). As the drum is constantly rotated, the balls act as grinding media that reduces the material down to the desired consistency, sometimes even down to a fine powder.
Electric Motors for Ball Mills
While the earliest ball mills were driven by steam power, today ball mills are driven by electric motors, and operators depend on those motors to run as efficiently as possible with minimal downtime. Louis Allis, a worldwide leader in specialty electric motor manufacturing, has developed a range of repair solutions for all major brands of ball mill motors, along with first-class purpose-built electric motors specifically for use in ball mills. Rather than use off-the-shelf electric motors from another application, Louis Allis produces high-voltage electric motors built specifically for use in ball mills.
Ball mill motors are generally very large and costly to remove for service. Louis Allis has extensive experience in performing in-place refurbishment, repair, and rewind services on ball mill motors regardless of the motor OEM.
- Our manufacturing facility is ISO 9001:2015 certified
- Motors are manufactured, remanufactured, or repaired to a range of industry standards:
- NEMA MG
- UL Standards
Don’t risk your uptime to a low-quality motor! A Worldwide Electric company, Louis Allis is fully capable of providing the custom ball mill motors you need to achieve top performance and minimal downtime in your manufacturing facility. Contact us today to learn more.
- Specialty three-phase electric motors specifically designed to meet the needs of your application
- Low, medium, and high voltage specialty three-phase motors up to 20,000 HP available
- Manufactured at Louis Allis’ ISO 9001:2015 certified facility in Warrior, Alabama
- Capable of duplicating or modifying legacy Louis Allis motors and generators
- We come to you, with a full range of field services available locally and worldwide
With more than 100 years of experience, Louis Allis has all your motor types covered. Louis Allis can also provide custom motors for other applications:
Louis Allis can design and build a "Fit and Function" replacement for any large or specialty electric motor regardless of the original motor OEM.
- Reverse engineering services
- Providing on-site engineering to collect critical information required for building a "fit and function" replacement
- Opportunity to incorporate any design improvements or modifications when building replacement motors
Quality is our top priority for new electric motor manufacturing and electric motor repair at our ISO 9001:2015 certified facility. We live by the motto "Quality applied with Louis Allis pride".
Our Factory Recertification Program exists to help customers who need a quick solution to a problem that can’t wait for a custom build.
Full Service Shop
At Louis Allis we have the capability of repairing a variety of electric motors, regardless of manufacturer or severity of repair needed.