Large DC Motors
Louis Allis custom, large DC motors are used across all raw material industries, such as steel and aluminum, coal, aggregates, rubber, paper, and plastics, as well as heavy manufacturing, such as transport and autos. In the marine sector, Louis Allis has worked on large-frame DC motors for ship propulsion from standard dredges and tugboats to military vessels, such as U.S. Navy submarines, mine sweepers, and assault craft. Whatever the specification, low, high, or constant torque, low, high, or variable speeds, fast or slow acceleration, or quiet operation, we can design, engineer, and build a motor up to 20,000 hp for your applications.
We understand that many large DC motors are specialty, "one-of-a-kind" motors. That's why we specialize in providing timely repair and maintenance services at your site, helping reduce operational downtime. If your large-frame DC motor cannot be repaired onsite, we offer turnkey removal, rebuild, and re-installation services. If a replacement is needed, Louis Allis can also manufacture new motors designed to match any other manufacturer's footprint, form, fit, and function.
Heavy-Duty Large DC Motors
Louis Allis, a worldwide leader in specialty electric motor manufacturing, fills the gap with a range of bespoke, purpose-built large DC motors. We engineer and manufacture electric motors specifically for heavy-duty cranes and winches, giving you outstanding lifting and pulling power alongside optimal reliability.
- Specialty three-phase motors available to replace existing cranes, winches, and hoists
- Capable of custom manufacturing replacements for end-of-life motors
- Designs suitable for cranes, hoists, and winches used in marine environments such as shipping ports and vessels
- Our manufacturing facility is ISO 9001:2015 certified
- Motors are manufactured, remanufactured, or repaired to a range of industry standards:
- We can work on-site, with a full range of field services available locally and worldwide, to provide repair services for motors of every major brand
Don’t risk your crew’s safety to a low-quality hoist or winch motor! A Worldwide Electric company, Louis Allis is fully capable of providing the lifting and pulling motors you need to achieve top performance and minimal downtime in your manufacturing facility. Contact us today to learn more.
- Specialty three-phase electric motors specifically designed to meet the needs of your application
- Low, medium, and high voltage specialty three-phase motors up to 20,000 HP available
- Manufactured at Louis Allis’ ISO 9001:2015 certified facility in Warrior, Alabama
- Capable of duplicating or modifying legacy Louis Allis motors and generators
- We come to you, with a full range of field services available locally and worldwide
With more than 100 years of experience, Louis Allis has all your motor types covered. Louis Allis can also provide custom motors for other applications:
Louis Allis can design and build a "Fit and Function" replacement for any large or specialty electric motor regardless of the original motor OEM.
- Reverse engineering services
- Providing on-site engineering to collect critical information required for building a "fit and function" replacement
- Opportunity to incorporate any design improvements or modifications when building replacement motors
Quality is our top priority for new electric motor manufacturing and electric motor repair at our ISO 9001:2015 certified facility. We live by the motto "Quality applied with Louis Allis pride".
Our Factory Recertification Program exists to help customers who need a quick solution to a problem that can’t wait for a custom build.
Full Service Shop
At Louis Allis we have the capability of repairing a variety of electric motors, regardless of manufacturer or severity of repair needed.